Saturday, January 4, 2014

Religion arguments are only a distraction

I am always amazed when people insist on equating being pro-life to being religious. Like these three letter writers did in reply to my letter in the National Post. 

All  three writers brought religion into the discussion. This is always a warning sign to me of a weak argument, just ahead. And I'm never disappointed. 


They can't come up with any good arguments to defend their "pro-choice" viewpoint.

I just read George Jonas: Arguing bioethics with politicians and perch and he offers his own insight on the topic.
“So I read in the paper that you support life,” an acquaintance tells me. “Funny; never knew you were religious.” 
Religious? Funny. I never knew one had to be.
Jonas goes on to explain his point with his usual charm and wit. Read it. You'll love it.

No comments:

Post a Comment