Monday, May 22, 2023

Costs to euthanize Quebec citizens in 2022

My Freedom of Information request to the Quebec government on the tragedy of euthanasia: 

"Can you please provide me with all information relating to the payments made to health professionals in providing Medical Aid in Dying (MAID) to patients. I am looking for the total fees paid to these providers, for their MAID services (ie for MAID consults, counseling, injecting the drugs, etc)"

The first document below is what I received back in French. I used Google Translate to provide the English translations of the descriptions, and posted them below the French. Total cost of MAID was $5,880,162. That's nearly $6 million dollars to euthanize Quebec citizens.

Imagine instead of killing these people, we spent that money on helping them with their poverty, their mental illness, their pain, and their suffering? Isn't that what a caring society is supposed to do?



No comments:

Post a Comment