Friday, May 12, 2023

March for Life 2023: When the Spirit of Truth comes, He will guide you into all the Truth

Yesterday Maureen and I went on our annual pilgrimage to downtown Ottawa in defense of preborn children at the annual March for Life. This year we were joined by our friend Jackie, who hopes to join us every year now. 

We took a lot of pictures and you can see them all here on Maureen's blog. Those pictures were a collaboration between Maureen, myself and the Holy Spirit.

As always, we went to St Pat's Basilica to celebrate Mass in Ottawa. There was a wonderful very pro-life homily given by Auxiliary Bishop Yvan Mathieu who inspired all of us to stand firm against abortion and euthanasia.

Next, we went to get something to eat, but not before we visited the abortion site where we said a Hail Mary for the children killed there. Maureen and I showed off our pro-life socks for a picture; mine were of Our Lady of Guadalupe, and Maureen's were of St. Joseph and Baby Jesus. Pretty darned pro-life if you ask me. This picture is also on Maureen's site.

A few highlights/lowlights:
  • The usual pro-abortions were also on the Hill, yelling their requisite obscenities at us. But that was countered with two awesome facts. A priest prayed over them from where he stood on our side of the fence. You can see his picture at Maureen's blog. I don't know his name, if I did I would send him a thank you note. It didn't occur to me at the time to thank him, but I wish I had. As well, there were some teenage boys on our side of the fence who were praying Hail Mary's as the pro-abortions were screaming. Good job boys.
  • On the March itself, I saw two other teenage boys get the finger from a woman probably old enough to be their grandmother. The boys simply waved back at her.
  • Then there was the lady sitting on the sidewalk with a megaphone, tattoos, and a pit bull making the usual noises about my body, my choice. The girl, not the dog. I think a pit bull is an appropriate mascot for a pro-abortion.
  • I also met Pete Baklinski from CLC. We had never met in person before. Pete sends out an awesome pro-life bits email every week, summarizing the week's pro-life news. I'm pretty sure that there is a lot of effort put into this email and I very much appreciate Pete's work on it.
  • Finally, Fr. Rob gave a great homily this morning where he spoke about John 15.12-17 and how God speaks about laying down our lives for one's friends. And he asked us, what about laying down our lives for our enemies, those who are difficult to love? This was a really good reminder for me to pray often, for those screamers we saw on the March yesterday, especially to pray for the doctors who perform abortion and euthanasia. They really really really need our prayers.
Our Lady of Perpetual Help Pray for us. And pray for the conversion of the pro-abortions, that their hearts will be opened to to the harm they do to women and their children.

No comments:

Post a Comment