Friday, January 9, 2015

Ontario PCs pretend to be for open and transparent gov't

See my email exchange with Jim Wilson, interim leader of the Conservative Party. Start at the bottom.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi Jim,

I notice you haven't responded to my email. This is the same response I get every time I raise this issue with an MPP. Silence. And that was what I was talking about in my original message.

Not one MPP has the courage to speak out publicly about what the Liberals did when they changed the law to do this. So how can you or any other MPP be really for open and transparent government, when you refuse to speak publicly about this? If the Liberals can hide information on abortion, they can hide information on anything. The slippery slope is endless.

Even though I am a conservative, probably more conservative than you are, I will continue to speak up against your party and your members as long as this silence continues. I realize I am only one voice, but at least my conscience is clear that I did not stay quiet about this deceitful and despicable act by the Liberals, even when the Conservatives did and said nothing.

So I repeat, speak out against the Liberals attack on open and transparent government, and then we can speak.

Thanks
Pat


-------- Forwarded Message --------
Subject: Re: End of Fall Legislative Session
Date: Thu, 08 Jan 2015 14:48:33 -0500
From: Pat Maloney 
Reply-To:
To: Wilson, Jim <jim.wilson@pc.ola.org>


Thanks Jim. I looked through the results but couldn't find anything on the Liberals decision to hide abortion information. Have you spoken out on that because that was what I was referring to?

I've written extensively on that, some of it is at this link:
http://run-with-life.blogspot.ca/2012/08/ontarios-stealth-attack-on-foi-series.html

Pat

On 08/01/2015 1:17 PM, Wilson, Jim wrote:
Hi Pat: If you search the word “accountability” all articles containing the word will come up.  Here is a link to my last article,  http://www.jimwilsonmpp.com/newsroom/press-releases/733-premier-s-pattern-of-behaviour-let-down-ontario-in-fall-legislative-session .

Best Regards,

Jim

--
Jim Wilson, MPP
Simcoe-Grey
Interim Leader of the Official Opposition
Phone: 416-325-2069

From: Pat Maloney
Sent: January-08-15 1:03 PM
To: Wilson, Jim;
Subject: Re: End of Fall Legislative Session

Hi Jim, Can you please send me the actual link on your site where you speak about this? I couldn't find it.
Thanks
Pat
On 08/01/2015 12:36 PM, Wilson, Jim wrote:
Thank you for your email Pat. My PC Party colleagues and I have spoken out a lot about this issue and encourage you to visit my website to view my efforts, www.jimwilsonmpp.com

Best Regards,

Jim

--
Jim Wilson, MPP
Simcoe-Grey
Interim Leader of the Official Opposition
Phone: 416-325-2069

From: Pat Maloney
Sent: December-16-14 8:31 AM
To: Wilson, Jim;
Subject: Re: End of Fall Legislative Session

Dear Jim, speak out against the Liberals attack on open and transparent government, and then we can speak.
Thanks
Pat
On 15/12/2014 10:32 AM, Jim Wilson, Interim Ontario PC Leader wrote:
Pat,  
As the Fall Legislative session ended, the Ontario PC Party was tied with the Liberals in the latest polling. The reason for our growing momentum is the outstanding work of our strong leadership candidates and our Caucus. 
Throughout the Fall, our united Ontario PC team continued holding the Liberals to account for their incompetence, lack of accountability, and hollow words. 
Our five-week campaign for a standing committee to address sexual harassment in the work place and protect victims of sexual harassment from further harm overcame Kathleen Wynne’s stubborn resistance when she finally reversed her stance. 
The most scathing Auditor General’s report I have ever seen in my 24 years as an MPP confirmed that the Ontario PCs were right in our opposition to smart meter tax machines and the sneaky Global Adjustment secret tax that is costing each household an extra $1,000 each year on our hydro bills. It also confirmed we were right in pointing out the harm all Ontarians face from increasing debt, interest payments, spending and failure to deliver services. 
During the Fall session, our Ontario PC team held the Liberals to account for shutting down the investigation into the destruction of documents in their billion dollar gas plant scandal; for failing to be open or transparent about mismanagement of the failed MaRS real estate project that will cost taxpayers almost $400 million; and for failing to provide oversight in the Ornge air ambulance scandal. 
A government can only rise to the challenges faced by the people of Ontario if it truly respects them. This can only happen if a government is accountable and transparent. The Ontario PCs will continue to fight for answers and accountability on behalf of the people of Ontario. 
Jim Wilson
Interim Leader

No comments:

Post a Comment