Monday, March 25, 2024

Truth, lies, love and hate

It's Holy Week. The week before Jesus is crucified and dies to save man from his sins. 

“Pilate asked him, ‘So you are a king?’ Jesus answered, ‘You say that I am a king. For this I was born, and for this I came into the world, to testify to the truth. Everyone who belongs to the truth listens to my voice.’” — John 18:37

"What is truth?” retorted Pilate. 

I've been thinking about truth. And I've been thinking about lies. I've been thinking about love. And I've been thinking about hate. Do we build up? Or do we tear down?

Joyce Arthur of the Abortion Rights Coalition, spends a lot of time writing letters and petitions to politicians, accusing other groups of hate. 

In just one ATIP, ARCC's letters (and ARCC's followers' comments) to the Finance department use the word 'hate' 47 times when speaking about these other groups. Arthur alleges that these groups are 'hate groups', and therefore should have their Canada Emergency Wage Subsidy (CEWS) funding revoked. That's a lot of pages of very serious allegations against groups who support the sanctity of life.

What is truth? A very important question indeed.

No comments:

Post a Comment