"Petition to the Government of Canada
Whereas:1) The Government of Canada would violate our charter right of freedom of expression if they outlawed these graphic pictures.
- Groups have been gathering in peaceful protest against abortion showing graphic imagery;
- The sight of such imagery is being exposed to nonconsenting individuals and children;
We, the undersigned, Citizens and residents of Canada, call upon the Government of Canada to please intervene and create law setting out the limitations as to what imagery and content can be used in a protest or similar demonstration that is subject to public viewing."
- Imagery may be triggering for persons who have suffered trauma and loss involving pregnancy, infancy, childbirth, etc.., including but not limited to: miscarriage, ectopic pregnancy, abortion, domestic violence, and fleeing a country involved in war.
2) The graphic images show the truth about abortion. Asking the government to make showing the truth illegal would lead us down a road we don't want to travel. Outlawing the truth is dangerous.
3) It is hypocritical to wish to outlaw showing what an abortion actually is while at the same time condoning abortion's legality to dismember decapitate and disembowel the child in the first place. Maybe we should outlaw the action, instead of outlawing the depiction of that action.